Primal world beliefs, or primals for short, are your gut-level answers to the question, “What sort of world is this?”
Be among the first to discover your primals. Here’s how to take the free survey:
- Click on the version of the Primals Inventory you want to take:
- Recommended: The abridged version takes 5 minutes and gives your scores on the three major primals.
- The full version takes 15 minutes and gives your scores on 22 primals.
- The micro version is super short, takes 2 minutes, and gives your score on the single most important primal world belief you hold.
- Register: After clicking, you’ll be taken to authentichappiness.org and asked to create an account (it’s free and takes just a minute) or login if you already have one. If you’re not redirected to your survey after registering, just click the survey link above again while logged in.
- Return: Once you finish the survey and get your scores, come back here to start interpreting them.
If you’re not ready to commit, here’s why you should:
It’s easy to see how your beliefs about a place affect what you do and think while in that place. For example, if you see a place as dangerous, you’re more alert, look around more, and may keep a hand on your bag. But what if you see the whole world as dangerous? And that’s just one belief about the world. What if you have lots? If so, then much about each person’s personality and wellbeing may result from beliefs you don’t even know you have.
Much of what we become in life—much joy and suffering—may depend on the sort of world we think this is.
— Conclusion of the 2019 foundational primals paper